Ufff, summer is here with all its forces and power.
You have more light hours and you can do a lot of things waiting since Winter.
Your body and the whole world’s rythm changes and it’s defiitly exciting.
Don`t miss your train and take advantage of all oportunities you have now to enjoy spending your free time with family, Friends and our kids.
An amazing way of spending time is in the kitchen.
Take advantage, and prepare within a group of people this serie of dishes I’m going to propose you
All of them are cold soups, perfectly refreshing in summer, full of vitamins and energy, they are light (good for this season) , easy of preparing and they have an incredible taste.
As you know, in summer due to high temperatura, we are less hungry.
These dishes give us a good nutrients intaking and help us to not be dehydrated.
These seven récipes are traditional dishes in Andalucia in Spain, and they are made with season products.
However, you can add your own products, those you can find in your area.
In this way, if you change any ingredient and it works well, I invite you to share your experience with Olive Oil community. Thanks in advance.
Table of Contents
- 1 Cold soups with Olive Oil for an extremely hot summer.
- 1.1 Monday-Gazpacho: The most famous cold soups with olive oil
- 1.2 Tuesday-Salmorejo: a cold soup which can also be something more
- 1.3 Wednesday-Almonds Ajoblanco: my favorite cold soup with olive oil
- 1.4 Thursday-Gazpacho de cereza: discover the red blood colour in a gazpacho.
- 1.5 Friday-Melon soup with Olive Oil points: sweet and salted cold surprising soup
- 1.6 Saturday-Pepino Soup with yogourth: easy to do, better for eating, cold cold.
- 1.7 Sunday – Cucumber & Avocado cream: Green cold soup with oliveoil
Cold soups with Olive Oil for an extremely hot summer.
Monday-Gazpacho: The most famous cold soups with olive oil
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 little cucumber
- ½ green pepper
- 1 onion, and a garlic teeth
- Water, Olive Oil, Vinegar and Salt
- Chop tomatoes, cucumber, onion and pepper (reserve a bit of onion, pepper and cucumber and chop them finely to serve as a side dish).
- Place them all together in the blender,add the garlic and shred.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, oil, vinegar and salt to taste and mash again.
- If you like gazpacho as a cold drink strain the mixture and serve, but if you like gazpacho as a soup to be taken with a spoon, just don’t do it.
- Accompanies the summer gazpacho garnished with chives, cucumber and pepper.
- Add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil to take gazpacho if it isn’t just made and it will be like it would be.
Tuesday-Salmorejo: a cold soup which can also be something more
- ½ kg of very ripe red tomatoes
- 100gr of tough bread(made two days ago)
- 100ml of EVOO
- ½ a garlic teeth
- Peel tomatoes leaving them without skin.
- Chop bread in little pieces, put them in a recipient
- Cut bread in little pieces and reserve it.
- hop tomatoes and join them with bread, add a little of salt.
- Peel and chop garlic, add it to bread and tomatoes recipient.
- Add EVOO and beat it with the mixer to get it very very fine.
- Taste it and correct garlic or salt.
- To the fridge!!
- Some people tell me about the secret of an authentic Salmorejo is adding an fried egg before beating. It isn’t joke it’s true.
Wednesday-Almonds Ajoblanco: my favorite cold soup with olive oil
ajoblanco from www.elsaberculinario.com
- 150 gr of raw almonds.
- 2 garlic tooth
- 100 gr of bread crumb, made the day before
- 70 gr of great EVOO
- 750 ml of water
- 1 .- An half an hour before starting, put bread and almonds into water, this operation, will help us when beating. After this time, drain it and reserve.
- 2.-Beat garlic and almonds over salt grains, do it hardly in order to get a paste
- 3.-Add bread crum, EVOO and vinegar. Keep beating until you get a smooth dough.
- 4.- Add wáter and beat very hard, like an hurricane:-)
- 5.- Put ajoblanco in the fridge.
- Take it with grapes or raisins, this mixture is great!!
Thursday-Gazpacho de cereza: discover the red blood colour in a gazpacho.
- ½ kg of ripe tomatoes
- ½ kg of pitted cherries
- ½ red pepper
- 1 garlic teeth
- 1 onion
- Jerez vinegar
- 1.-Mix all together
- 2.- taste for salt and EVOO
- 3.- add if neccesary
- 4.- to the fridge.
- Serve it in a big red wine cup, and over gazpacho, you can put some parmaggiano cheese and some EVOO drops.
Friday-Melon soup with Olive Oil points: sweet and salted cold surprising soup
- 1 melon.
- Chop melón and take appart sedes.
- Put melon pulp in an mixer recipient,beat and ground it making a cream.
- To the fridge!!
- Serve it very very cold, with some drops of EVOO over the soup or draw a thin spiral. ( if you like it, you can use Iberic Ham too)
Saturday-Pepino Soup with yogourth: easy to do, better for eating, cold cold.
- 2 cucumbers
- ½ litre of wáter
- 1 garlic teeth
- 1 yogourth (natural or natural soya)
- ½ lemon
- Fresh mint leaves
- Salt, white pepper and EVOO
- 1.-Wash cucumber and chop them
- 2.-Put cucumber, garlic, yogourth, water and lemon together and beat it until you get a very very fine soup.
- 3.-taste salt , and add a little bit of pepper.
- 4.- take it to the fridge.
- 5.- when serving, put some olive oil drops over all.
- You can leave it not so beaten and it will be not like a soup but a on-glass-salade.
- Don’t leave it so much time in the fridge.
Sunday – Cucumber & Avocado cream: Green cold soup with oliveoil
cucumber-avocado cream from la cazuela vegana
- 3 medium size cucumbers
- 1 avocado
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic teeth
- 1 soya yogourth
- ½ lemon
- Cold wáter
- Salt, milled ginger and black pepper.
- Peel cucumbers and chop them in a big bol
- Do the same thing with avocado, onion and garlic.
- Add yogourth, lemon juice and water.
- Beat all together until getting a fine texture.
- Add EVOO, ginger and finally taste it for salt and pepper.
- Keep it into the fridge, and serve very very cold
- After eating this great soup, smile Green and rounded !!
I hope you enjoy this second entry about summer time and how to use olive oil in this fast and hot season.
Cold soups with olive oil, give you a lot of benefits in order to take advantage of summer. Be the first one.
If you find useful this post or any other in this blog, please, SUBSCRIBE in order to receive more useful info related to olive oil.
This blog is yours.
Be olive oil my friend.
Grupo HelloBeer: Rocio Sanchez, Juan Antonio Carrasco
Grupo Telematicos Linares: Loby, Lola, Juanmi, Viti,Fernando, Cara, Manu,Pepe Merino, Murci.
Thanks to mums, grans, family in general for keeping these treasures until internet came
Thanks to Julia Stenka.
photo credit: GonzaloMMD via photopin cc
photo credit: jamesblick via photopin cc
photo credit: jlastras via photopin cc
photo credit: Pablo Monteagudo via photopin cc
photo credit: Daquella manera via photopin cc